Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What is a Rainbow Baby?

A rainbow baby is described as a baby that comes after a storm, a storm caused by miscarriage or stillbirth.  Since 2009, we have been living a storm that took forever to clear.  Our "storm" includes the death of our first son, 2 miscarriages and 1 ectopic pregnancy.  In January we found out I was pregnant.  We were very nervous and cautiously optimistic.  After weekly doctor visits and many ultrasounds, we have been able to relax (a little) and enjoy this pregnancy.  I am currently 15 weeks along.

Although NOTHING will ever replace our first son Trevor, it is nice to have happiness and hope in our lives again.  Dominic and I were good parents and we can't wait to "be" parents again.  This baby will be loved beyond words and very protected (maybe a bit obsessively)!

Below is a picture I created last week.  I plan on doing this every week.  It is something I didn't do with my son and I wish I had.  So here is to letting go of feeling "fat" and allowing myself to be photographed.


No comments:

Post a Comment